Authorized by Nico Bot – financial agent for Phyllis Heppner 604-506-2338
How You Can Help:
Q1: What issues am I passionate about?
The government must respect me, the voter! Here’s how:
- Respect my money – remember that it came from me, so use it for essential services
- Respect my autonomy – I can make my own decisions in my personal life, family, faith
- Respect private enterprise. Don’t compete with my business or pick winners and losers
- Make wise decisions for our country based on facts and data. Do not create partisan policies with the goal of re-election
or based on popular thinking “fads”
It is my belief that the Conservative Party of Canada supports these principles. Click here to see the CPC Policy Declaration
Q2: Does being a music teacher have anything to do with serving in Parliament?
Yes, it does. I have practiced problem-solving daily, for over 50 years. In doing so, I’ve learned to think creatively and find a better, innovative, and even beautiful solution to the problem before me. And all the time, in doing so, I have worked to be an inspiration, encouragement and a motivator because I know that I am dealing with real people.
Q3: How has running a business prepared me for this challenge?
- learning money management. Knowing that the dollars need to earned, and the dollars need to be spent wisely.
- I have become proficient in organizing, developing systems, and managing schedules.
- As I am in business for myself, I have discovered how to keep people engaged, learned to discern their needs in order to serve them better.
- I have experienced the value of working collaboratively and effectively with motivated people.
Q4: What character attributes qualify me to be the conservative party candidate?
Here is a great piece of advice I have always tried to follow: “Let another praise you and not your own mouth.”
I Need YOUR Help:
- Langley resident since 1984, classical and jazz musician, teacher, business owner
- passionate about each child’s healthy development
- convinced of the value of creating beauty all around us
- sure that our community’s amenities should include a superb performing arts centre
- offering leadership skills to our township
- Ran for Langley Township Council in 2018
- Appointed to the board of the CPCEDA (Conservative Party of Canada Electoral District Association)
- Appointed member of The Langley Arts Council
- Member of Mountainview Alliance Church (Langley) since 1984
- Active in music and on staff as music director for 3 years
- President of strata council – Langley, BC
- Elected President of South Fraser Registered Music Teachers Association in 201
- Joined Langley Morning Toastmasters in May, 2017. Became president in June 2018
- Member of Brookswood-Fernridge Planning Committee for Langley Township
- Born in 1952, Moved to Langley in 1984
- 4 grown children: 2 sons, 2 daughters
- 12 grandchildren ranging from 6 months to 18 years old
- Taught piano from age 16 until the present
- Received ARCT Teacher degree with 1st Class Honours with Distinction and earned the Gordon Hallett Scholarship for Highest Mark.
- Earned a licentiate degree, LLCM in Recital Performance, from the London College of Music
- Music Festival Adjudicator
- Examiner with Conservatory Canada.
- Plays keyboard in a professional band, Quintessential Jazz
- Conducted personal music teaching business for 50 years
- Developed ‘the MUSiK SHOP’ in 2009, expanding to offer more instruments being taught